Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Nail Vinyls DIY

Just discovered a neat little DIY for nail art..nail vinyls!!
I've been wanting to do chevrons on my nails forever but my freehand isn't even close to being good. I tried using scotch tape but it always pulled polish off with it, so aggravating! The more I looked at buying nail vinyls, the more determined I was to make my own. Now, I don't know if anyone else has done this before but it worked for me.


Electrical tape!! Thats right..regular black electrical tape. My husband was an electrician for years so we have tons of this stuff laying around. I found a roll, got out my scrapbooking scissors and started playing. To my surprise it worked perfectly. They stick really well and come off without bringing your basecoat up with it. You can cut alot at once and just stick them to wax paper for later use. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment