Friday, August 1, 2014

Essie Summer Neons

Today I'll be sharing the 2014 Essie Summer Neons Collection. There are six colors in this collection.



Now, here's my first opinion on this collection. They are not neons. The colors are certainly gorgeous, but not neon. These were also my first Essie polishes and I was not impressed. I got a good price on these but there's no way I would pay the regular $8.50 a bottle for them. On to the swatches...



The first two colors we have are Chills & Thrills (dark purple) and Vices Versa (green). Index finger is Chills & Thrills, two coats over white base and middle finger is two coats alone. This one didn't really need a white base under it. Both nails turned out exactly the same. The ring finger is Vices Versa, two coats over white and pinkie is two coats alone.



These next two are Too Taboo (pink) and I'm Addicted (blue). These are my favorite two out of the collection. Index finger is Too Taboo, two coats over white and middle finger is two coats alone. Ring finger is I'm Addicted, two coats over white and pinkie is two coats alone.



Last two colors are Sittin' Pretty and Serial Shopper. Index finger is Sittin' Pretty, two coats over white and middle finger is two coats alone. Ring finger is Serial Shopper, two coats over white and pinkie is two coats alone.

My final thoughts on these.....meh...

Like I mentioned, I was not impressed. Being my first time trying Essie, I probably won't buy anymore. The formulas didn't build very well and, with exception of the dark purple, you have to use a white base to get the true color. I hate having to do that. They did level out ok after applying a topcoat and are pretty colors but nothing really unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment