Thursday, July 3, 2014

My Little Corner of The World

Let me start by saying that I am in no way showing off or bragging when I tell you about my polish collection. I love seeing peoples collections and organization tips. Since I just started my own blog, I thought it would be fun to do my own.
This is my little corner. Notice I said little. But all I need is room to put my hands on a table with a couple bottles of polish, right? 
One of my sisters made the perfect little sign for my room for me, which just happens to be where I got the picture for my blog header.
Isn't she talented! Did I mention I also love betty Boop. Sadly though, I still have not been able to draw her on my nails. Something about her eyes.......

I currently have 540 bottles of polish. My fav brands are Wet n Wild, especially the Megalast polishes, and Sinful Colors. My husband and I made these racks ourselves after looking forever online to find affordable racks for purchase. 


We purchased all the supplies at Lowes, precut, all we had to do was cut to length. Altogether it costs around $15 to build one rack and about an hour in the garage. Each rack holds approximately 200 polishes. I left mine unfinished to match the color of my walls but you could certainly paint them any color under the rainbow. Maybe one of the new OPI paints by Clark and Kensington sold at Ace Hardware. ;)

Next, lets look at how I keep my polishes catalogued.
I watched ALOT of youtube videos on how to make swatch books and finally decided to make my own. All my polishes are on my racks by brand however, they are listed by color in my book. I am usually looking for a particular shade when I start my nails so this just made sense for me. I put pieces of wax paper between each page as I finished it so I was able to complete the book in two nights. 

On top of my desk is a small plastic three drawer organizer you can buy just about anywhere for just a few dollars. I use it to hold all of my loose glitters, rhinestones, studs, etc. I also have my shaped hole punches and craft scissors in it.

Recently, another of my sisters gave me this cute little pink basket, perfect for all the stuff sitting loose on my desk. It holds all of my base coats, topcoats, treatments, oils, and lotions. And yes, thats a shot glass in it too. Doesn't everyone drink while they do their nails? Just kidding, its perfect for holding remover to dip your clean-up brush in. The pockets in the front are great for all my most frequently used tools.

And this.....well, its a little of everything. My desk drawer is such a trooper. Its a small drawer but holds everything I ask it to. :)
If you see anything you wonder about or have questions about, just leave me a comment.

And last but certainly not least.....my little black stiletto. Whenever I get bored or just kicked in the head by life, ugh, I retreat to my corner. This is the result of one of those nights. This used to be one of those little ring holders you can get at Dollar general or Family Dollar for about 5 bucks. I wasn't using it for that though. I wanted somewhere to put my dotting tools, clean-up brush and rhinestone grabber so that, as I'm doing my nails, I can grab one without having to worry about messing up wet polish. I cut up a small hairbrush I wasn't using to 'hold' the tools and just hot glued it in place. Works like a dream :)



Well folks, there you have it. My little slice of Heaven. Any questions about anything? Leave me a comment. Anyone have collections I could look at? Send me an email with your post's link. I LOVE seeing how other people organize their lives. Thanks for reading this all the way through!








4 comments:

  1. I love it Brenda!! How awesome to build your own shelves!! And that stiletto heel holder....I MUST HAVE ONE!!! Your collection is gorgeous and beautiful, just like you!! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much. Im glad you enjoy it! Maybe I should patent the stiletto idea...lol
      You are too sweet!

      Delete
  2. This is great!!!! I love your little corner and your dotting tool stiletto! So great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the stiletto too! Necessity is the mother of all invention, and I want be inventions to be sassy...lol.

      Delete